500 Preset Styles
In October, 2010, Yamaha announced its newest flagship arranger keyboard, the Tyros4. Like all of the Yamaha arranger keyboards, the new Tyros4 has some exceptional styles and has more of them than any previous Yamaha keyboard. The following notes are from the Yamaha Tyros4 web site:
With the huge set of 500 built-in dynamic Styles, the Tyros4 puts a full professional-sounding backing band at your disposal. The Styles of the Tyros4 have been vastly enhanced with new Super Articulation Voices, and made even more powerful with DSP effect processing. Guitar parts respond accurately to your chord changes with remarkable realism, and human voice sounds can also be played with unprecedented expressiveness.
The Tyros4 preset styles in each of the style categories are listed in the table below. New style names are highlighted. You will note that there are 86 new style names, but even names that match styles in the Tyros3 may not sound the same since many of the styles incorporate new Tyros4 voices in the style itself as well as in the OTS voices. Note that you can watch Martin Harris demo many of the new T4 styles on our Tyros Styles Demo page.
Tyros4 Preset Styles
|BALLAD - 55 Styles |
|80'sBoyBand || |
|ChartBallad R&B |
|Chillout2 || |
|OrganBallad || |
|BALLROOM - 27 Styles |
|OrganQuickstep || |
|Samba || |
|TheatreFoxtrot || |
|COUNTRY - 33 Styles |
|CountryBlues || |
|CountrySwing1 || |
|ModCountryBld1 || |
|DANCE - 45 Styles |
|ClassicHipHop || |
|DreamDance || |
|NewHipHop || |
|ENTERTAINER - 42 Styles |
|DiscoHands || |
|ScandCountry2 || |
|SchlagerPop || |
|LATIN - 39 Styles |
|BrazilianSamba || |
|JazzSamba || |
|PopLatin || |
|MOVIE&SHOW - 44 Styles |
|ChoralSymphony || |
|French50's || |
|OrchestralMarch || |
|POP&ROCK - 66 Styles |
|80'sGuitarPop || |
|CaribbeanRock || |
|Live8Beat || |
|R&B - 50 Styles |
|FranklySoul || |
|ModernR&B || |
|SoulBrothers || |
|SWING&JAZZ - 48 Styles |
|ClassicBigBand || |
|JazzWaltzMed || |
|OrchBigBand1 || |
|WORLD - 51 Styles |
|FrenchWaltz || |
|ItalianTango || |
|Saeidy || |
The Tyros4 has 500 styles while the Tyros3 has 450, yet there are 86 new styles listed. How is that possible? Well, there are several styles in the Tyros3 that are not among the Tyros4 presets. If you are trading your Tyros3 for a Tyros4, you may want to keep a copy of these styles. They are listed by category in the table below.
Tyros3 Styles Not in the Tyros4
|Category ||Styles Eliminated in the Tyros4 |
|Ballad ||16BeatBallad2, 16BeatPop, 70'sPopBallad, ChartBallad, GuitarBallad, PopNewAge |
|Dance ||HipHopGroove, HipHopLight, House, Ibiza2002, Ibiza2004, LatinDJs, SwingHouse, USPop |
|Entertainer ||Carnival |
|Latin ||PopMambo, PopSalsa, RumbaFlemenco2 |
|Pop&Rock ||J-PopHit, Unplugged2 |
|R&B ||ComboBoogie, ComboTwist, R&BBallad |
|Swing&Jazz ||BigBandShuffle, CoolJazz, Dixieland1, FastJazz, ModernJazz, OrchJazzBallad |
|World ||Casatchock, Enka, FolkRock, PopEnka |
Additional Styles for the Tyros 4
Styles in the Tyros4 continue the SFF 2 format that started with the Tyros3. The Tyros4 should be able to play any of the styles for the Tyros3 or the PSR-S910. In addition, styles from earlier keyboards can also be played in the Tyros4. As a result, there are literally thousands of styles available for the Tyros4, many of which you will find on this site.
Classic Styles for SFF2 Keyboards
Onacimus has converted styles from a number of "Classic" Yamaha keyboards (PSR-730, PSR-740, PSR-8000, PSR-620 & PSR-510) for use on SFF2 keyboards like the Tyros4. You can find these conversions on Onacimus' Covnersions page.
Oriental Styles for the Tyros4/Tyros5
Onacimus' SuperMegaPlus Oriental conversions for the PSR-S970 will also play very well on the Tyros4 and Tyros5 models. There are 299 styles available in three zip files: 23-World1[OR], 24-World2[OR], and 25-World3[OR].
Genos Conversions for the Tyros4
(Aug 31, 2018) Onacimus' project to convert Genos styles converted 232 styles as of June 10. Many of the styles have new Mega! Acoustic Guitars of T5. Some have Mega! Choir and SA2! Style Voices. The voices were changed according to the availability of T4 Panel voices. (Note: a WE folder holds some styles with an different DSP effect. Choose the version that sounds best to you.)
In late August, Onacimus revised the new GENOS styles by editing the Drum notes by Drum Edit (Drum Setup) function of PSR-S970. He plans to convert the rest of the Genos styles. 01-Pop&Rock styles completed on June 10. 02-Ballad styles completed on Sept 24. Additional conversions will be added as they are completed. I have rearranged the GENOS styles as per TYROS categories with comments in an XL file.
- NOTE: All Ballad style additions are now in the table above. The final Sept 24 update completed the set. There were also some style modifications (volume level, renaming, icon changes etc) so the whole category has been updated with the zip file in the table above.
- Sep 28 - 5 additional Dance styles (6-8ClassicSynth, 70sDiscoFunk, 80sDiscoBeat, 90sDisco, ClubDance1) in this file.
- Oct 3 - 5 additional Dance styles (ClubDance2, ClubHouse, DreamDance, Electronica, EuroTrance) ) in this file.
- Oct 4 - When viewing OTS through the StyleDump program, I found the exact Genos voices, many of which are available in T5 (and/or T4). So, I changed the voices in OTS and I edited the styles for the T5, T4 and S970. I prepared an Excel file having OTS voices for T5 and T4 with recommended voices according to their availability for 10 of the Pop&Rock styles. Joe edited the updated T4 styles and added the RIGHT3 voices. They are available in this file.
- Oct 7 - Here is the Excel file with updated OTS voices for Pop&Rock styles 11-20 and here are the updated T4 styles.
- Oct 8 - Here is the Excel file with updated OTS voices for Pop&Rock styles 21-30 and here are the updated T4 styles.
- Oct 10 - Here is the Excel file with updated OTS voices for Pop&Rock styles 31-40 and here are the updated T4 styles. This update includes a few earlier styles that have a revised OTS.
- Oct 11 - Here is the Excel file with updated OTS voices for Pop&Rock styles 41-50 and here are the updated T4 styles.
- Oct 13 - Here is the Excel file with updated OTS voices for Pop&Rock styles 51-60 and here are the updated T4 styles.
(November 2010) Eileen is now the proud owner of Yamaha's new flagship, the Tyros4 and, as you might expect, she has started developing styles for the new T4. Her T4 conversions can be found on her Eileen's Style Conversion page. She also has a large number of styles she has created for the Tyross, Tyros2, and Tyros1 keyboards.
Hammer's Tyros4 Gig Disk Styles
(17 October 2010) - Hammer was one of the first performers to get his Tyros4 in the States and he was also the first to give us a gig disk for use on the T4. You will find Hammer's T4 styles on Hammer's Gig Disk page. You will also find gig disks there for the Tyros3, the PSR-S910, PSR-S900, and the PSR-3000.
Joe's Conversions for the Tyros 4
(2 July 2013) - The 9000Pro styles have a rhythm and bass that are too loud when played on the various Tyros models. I have started a project to adjust these styles for use with the Tyros4 and also add OTS voices to the styles. These OTS additions may have no resemblence to those on the original 9000Pro and I have also made occassional alterations to the accompainment voices so these 9000Pro styles used are only a starting point for this set of conversions. I assume most of these will also play perfectly fine on the Tyros3. -- Joe Waters
- Tyros4 Style Demos: 40'sSwingBallad, 40'sSwingBand, 50'sRockRoll, 60'sRisingPop, 70'sBallad, 70'sPopDuo1, 90'sNewAge, AmazingGospel, ApresSkiHit, BoyBandBallad, BrassBandHymn, CoolRB, EuroQuickstep, EuroSamba, French Swing, GospelFunk, HomeOrganBallad, JazzSamba, MallorcaParty, ManhattanSwing. SchlagerFever, SchlagerPalace, SoftSchlager, SoulBallad, StadiumRock, SurfShuffle, SynthPopDuo, USHipHop, USOrganRumba, VocalFoxtrot