New in Version 304
- support for the new PSR-S970, PSR-S770 and PSR-S670
PadMaker is a tool for creating a Multipad based upon the patterns from one or more styles.
If you have never installed the program:
- Download the PadMaker304.msi.
- Use Start/Control Panel/Progrms to remove any exiting version, if installed.
- Double click on the msi file to install PadMaker.
How It Works
A multipad is a four track midi file. On the instrument, a pad is played by depressing one or more of four pad buttons, which starts the pattern(s). Depending upon settings, each pad can play once or repeat endlessly, and have a fixed pitch or follow chords keyed into the accompaniment section.
Since pad patterns are very similar to style patterns, a multipad can be made by copying qualifying parts of a style (e.g. the Chord2 part from the Intro C section) to a pad track.
PadMaker provides tools for selecting style parts, copying them to a new multipad, and editing the voice and other characteristics.
With It You Can
- Create a pad just by selecting style parts with the mouse. Only valid style parts are displayed. No typing is required.
- Audition the patterns on the computer or on your PSR/Tyros keyboard.
- Use parts from different styles.
- Edit the Voice, Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Tempo, Brightness, Transpose, Chord Follow and Repeat parameters for each pad.
- Select instrument voices for PSR 450, 550, 740, 1000, 1100, 1500, 2000, 2100, 3000, 9000, S900, S700, S910, S710, S950, S750, Tyros 1, Tyros 2, Tyros 3, Tyros4, and Tyros5.
- Include your own text messages into the pad’s copyright field for acknowledging authorship, providing web links, etc.
- Alternate intros and endings
- Instrument solos
- Comp patterns
- Organ pads & fills
- Drones (e.g. banjo patterns)
- Dance loops
- Special effects
This page updated onSeptember 5, 2016.