This is the Home page of the PSR Tutorial web site. The links at the top of this page (and every page) take you to the main sections of the PSR Tutorial. Each is described briefly below:
- Lessons - The Lesson section provides new (and experienced) users with step-by-step guidance on how to get the most out of your Yamaha PSR or Tyros arranger keyboard.
- Songs - Listen to (and/or download) thousands of songs (midi and mp3) performed on keyboards just like yours. These songs are provided by professional musicians and talented home players.
- Styles - There are tens of thousands of styles available for download in this section as well as other files Yamaha owners will appreciate such as multipads, music finder databases, registrations, and voice files.
- Music - Here is information useful to any keyboard player: a list of US fake books and their contents, a variety of "top song" lists, advice for gigging musicians in the Pro Clinic, articles and project suggestions and even a 39-week course on Chords and Chord Progressions.
- Utilities - A host of useful computer-based programs are available that help you get the most out of your keyboard. You'll find them here with descriptions and links.
- Links - Look in this section for pointers to other internet sites that have additional support for Yamaha keyboard owners.
- Orders - You can spend days downloading files from this site or you can simply order one or more of the various PSR Tutorial data collections and easily have enough material to keep you busy for quite some time. Ordering any of the available resource collections is the easiest way to show your support for this site.
- Forum - All of your questions may not be answered in the Lessons section, but you can always go to the PSR Tutorial Forum for more help. Ask any keyboard-related question and one or more members of the Forum, friendly and experienced Yamaha owners, will be happy to help you out.
New items are added to the site on a regular basis. The What's New page is updated whenever new information is added to the site. A complete history of all additions to the site in the last two years is on that page. The What's New History page shows additions in earlier years.
Hearing just what can be accomplished with these arranger keyboards is a major part of the Songs section, which includes many examples of songs from the PSR Performers. The link here and at the top of the home page takes you directly to this section where you can browse through many performers from around the world and listen to their songs.
The "Recent Additions" box shows the 10 most recent items (songs, styles, articles, etc) that have been added to the PSR Tutorial.
The Site Directory provides a bird's eye view of the major sections and the hundreds of pages available in the PSR Tutorial. You can access the directory from the link here or the one at the top of the Home page.
The Search Page let's you hone in on a particular topic or phrase you may be looking for. That page, accessed from this link or the one at the top of this page, provides a search box to enter your query and view the results of your search.
The PSR Tutorial is managed and maintained by Joe Waters, Glen Allen, VA ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
This page updated on September 17, 2019.