News:

PSR Tutorial Home
- Lessons, Songs, Styles & More

Main Menu

S975 Mini-Review - Goodness!

Started by Willy330ci, April 18, 2018, 08:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaGtGruff

As far as I know, neither the current nor the prior PSR-S models have aftertouch. The Genos and Tyros do, but not the PSR-S line.

RoyceM

I AM EATING HUMBLE PIE

Earlier in this thread I was very critical of the S-975's appearance, for which I am now embarrassed.

Today I revisited the store and found it set up in different lighting. What I thought was white lettering was actually attractive gray and the whole impact was improved in the better lighting.

While I was there, a fellow came into the store trying to find a used S-910 for a very special use. So...I sold him my S-910 and bought an S-975.

- Royce
DGX-305, Roland E60, S900, S910, S975, Center Point Stereo Spacestation V.3, Bose L1 Compact
PSR Performer page

Paul B

Congratulation Royce, I am sure you will enjoy the 975. I am really getting to love mine.

Paul B
Paul B
Kenosha, WI

PSR-SX900, Bose S1 Pro(2)

Joe H

Quote from: RoyceM on May 25, 2018, 07:06:24 AM
I AM EATING HUMBLE PIE

Earlier in this thread I was very critical of the S-975's appearance, for which I am now embarrassed.

Today I revisited the store and found it set up in different lighting. What I thought was white lettering was actually attractive gray and the whole impact was improved in the better lighting.

While I was there, a fellow came into the store trying to find a used S-910 for a very special use. So...I sold him my S-910 and bought an S-975.

- Royce

Congratulations on your upgrade Royce!

As some people have already said... we get used to what we have and when we upgrade we are often disappointed in the sound or panel layout or whatever.  But after awhile, we see that Yamaha knows what they are doing (they have been making keyboards for a long time) and the new keyboard starts to grow on us (we get used to the change).

I went from an S910 (nice keyboard) to the S970 (better keyboard) but was not disappointed at all. Once I got used to the dark gray housing, I wouldn't go back to silver for anything. And I love having the expansion capability... but wish there was more.  So I'm waiting for the next PSR to be released, hopefully with 1 gig of memory because I have already used all the S970 expansion memory.

Regards,
Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

motekmusic

Quote from: RoyceM on May 25, 2018, 07:06:24 AM
I AM EATING HUMBLE PIE

- Royce

Thanks Royce.

Was a bit wary when ordering the s975 as am just upgrading from the s970  .   Not a big jump, but glad to hear you are
happy now with the machine.   Also am looking forward to reworked upgraded styles, although not any new ones.
I hope the feel of the keyboard will not be an issue.

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

RoyceM

Hi Elaine,

I am impressed with the feel of the keys on the S975; compared with my S910, they are solid and quiet. With you having S970 experience, you are way ahead of me coming from an S910.

I am learning just as fast as I can. This end of the pool is deeper than where I had been swimming...but it sure is fun.

- Royce
DGX-305, Roland E60, S900, S910, S975, Center Point Stereo Spacestation V.3, Bose L1 Compact
PSR Performer page

motekmusic

:)
Hi,

Got the s975 last evening and put a short review in the other thread started by Beykock...
So far quite pleased but have lots more to delve into.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,45285.0.html

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

beykock

Hi Royce,

Good to hear you are pleased with your new baby.
Mine will arrive early next week.
Cross my fingers ...

Babette

beykock

Hi Paul B,

Happy to hear your S975 finally seems to offer you what you need.👍

Babette