Author Topic: New PSR SX series  (Read 5334 times)

Offline ayush30sharma

New PSR SX series
« on: January 22, 2024, 01:29:38 AM »
Expecting the NEW SX series in near future. Genos 2 is already introduced in late 2023.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 09:16:11 AM by ayush30sharma »

Offline Divemaster

Re: New PSR SX series
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 07:36:30 AM »

There has been No mention of any new SX model, and the Genos 2 was released last year.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 10:21:34 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700 Arranger
Korg Pa5X /61 Arranger /Workstation
Korg PAAS Mk2 Keyboard Speaker Amp system
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner
Roland RH-5 Monitor Headphones

The following users thanked this post: ayush30sharma

Online DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 12:30:50 PM »
The Genos came out in December of 2017 and the S975 followed in January of 2018 as I recall.

Hopefully the new SX series keyboard will be out by mid 2024. ;D

Offline hans1966

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 01:55:12 PM »
Not this year!

I think the next SX series will be released in summer of

greetings

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

The following users thanked this post: ayush30sharma

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 01:59:58 PM »
I think the new SX will arrive when it arrives and no amount of wishing or expecting will make a scrap of difference.
Enjoy what you've got.

Keith.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 03:37:36 PM by Divemaster »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Keyboard Master, colas musique, kevin.dsouza, ayush30sharma

Offline Enildo

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 02:04:19 PM »
I also believe that it will only be released at the end of 2025.
Until then, we will place our orders, to see if Yamaha meets some of them.

The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard:

01. Recording style tracks with the sustain pedal
02. Saving custom Drum Setup Kits
03. CASM section in Style Creator
04. Lyrics / Text in .PDF or .Doc format with colorful letters
05. Half Bar Fill physical button without the need to use Assignable buttons, freeing them for other uses.
06. The return of the physical Fade in / out button
07. The return of the video output (preferably HDMI) without the need for adapters
08. 04 buttons (knobs) Live Control
09. In the "Speaker" function, in addition to the "Headphone Switch, On and Off selections," the "Internal speakers only" function. In this case, they would cut all the keyboard outputs
10. The possibility of recording S.Art voices on MultiPads
11. Editable Arpeggio function
12. Vocal Harmony On / Off indicator light on the panel
13. Two microphone inputs with independent Mic Setting / Vocal Harmony controls

Link: https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57314.0.html

Enildo
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 02:17:14 PM by Enildo »
When word fail, Music speaks!

The following users thanked this post: hans1966, ayush30sharma

Offline Enildo

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 02:16:32 PM »
Today I have other requests:
14. Mobile display or with a better tilt like Genos2.
15. Bluetooth connection with tablet without the need for cables (to see lyrics, works as an auxiliary display)

The Ketron Event came with two independent microphone inputs (both have all the functions and features for midrophone, but only one does vocal harmonization. That would be very good). It is also possible to use the sustain pedal in style recordings. It's very annoying to record a style without being able to use the sustain pedal.

Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 02:23:29 PM »
I also hope that Yamaha solves the problem of noisy keys that the SX900 has. One of the chronic problems of the sx line.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Offline ayush30sharma

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 09:20:00 AM »
There has been No mention of any new SX model, and the Genos 2 was released last year.
Is it worth to buy the sx900 now in January 2024 or not?

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 09:42:28 AM »
Yes. It is still one of Yamahas current keyboards.

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 09:48:52 AM »
I also hope that Yamaha solves the problem of noisy keys that the SX900 has. One of the chronic problems of the sx line.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I play an SX-700 and have never had any issue with the keys. If you've got a problem with yours you should get Yamaha to deal with it under warranty. Contact your dealer.
But to suggest that the whole SX line is affected is not correct.

Like with all mass produced products, there will always be occasions when poor quality control will happen.

Keith

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 10:18:53 AM »
hi Keith,
I'm afraid that you're wrong on that. In August 2020 Yamaha published internal service bulletin, where it's said that SX700 and SX900 are affected and how to solve the issue of rattling keys -I have a copy of that document.
The problem is, solution (greasing the keys underneath) is only temporary.
I did repair my keyboard as advised in bulletin and it was like new again.. but it only lasted for less than a year before keys started rattling again -which I expected it will happen (given the solution that Yamaha recommend).

The thing is, rattling doesn't start from today on tomorrow: the noise slowly increases over several months and so we don't really notice it immediately -because we forgot how silent keys once were. Anyway, at some point it just becomes annoying.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline Enildo

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2024, 10:27:14 AM »
I play an SX-700 and have never had any issue with the keys. If you've got a problem with yours you should get Yamaha to deal with it under warranty. Contact your dealer.
But to suggest that the whole SX line is affected is not correct.

Like with all mass produced products, there will always be occasions when poor quality control will happen.

Keith

Yes, I already took mine to an authorized service. It resolved for a while and the problem returned.
Then I resolved it myself by changing the grease in my own home, on my own. Did you solve it? Yes, it resolves for a while and the problem returns.
I know 3 close friends who have the sx900 and they all have the same problem.
I think you are uninformed. There are several videos on YouTube of people complaining.

Hug, Keith
Enildo

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2024, 12:18:45 PM »
I stand corrected... I was not aware of this issue.. Thanks for updating me guys.

Keith.

Offline Rcd_WB

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2024, 10:46:47 PM »
I was blissfully unaware of the clicking, clacking, rattling keys on my SX900 until recently when I got hearing aids. Now I hear a plethora of tiny horses running up and down the keyboard, its crazy. Since my keyboard is about 2.5 years old, I'm hoping that I can obtain the appropriate grease and find some written or video "how-to" to perform this lube job. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2024, 09:29:13 AM »
hello Rcd_WB

First you need the silicone grease that has the right thickness. If it's too fluid then it won't have enough dampening effect, but if it's too thick, then keys will become sticky. From this article, I would say it should have similar thickness as mustard. You don't need a lot of it -the amount of a matchbox is enough for several servicing (but such grease can also be used elsewhere).

Here's a video showing how to dis/assemble PSR-SX keyboard. And here's a picture showing where to apply the grease:

Usually only black keys are rattling and unless your white keys are loud too, then I would only apply grease for black keys. Keep in mind that you need very small amount for each key (about a size of the head of the match.. or a size of a normal rice grain).
In case that you apply too much grease, the keys will be sticky. But over the time, the excess of grease will be pushed out of the notch as you press the keys -but don't fill whole notch with a grease!
Silicone grease is usually white or transparent. I prefer white in this case -simply because you can easily see how much grease you have applied.

For the whole process I needed about two hours max (and I wasn't hurry).

Bogdan

The following users thanked this post: Rcd_WB

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2024, 03:12:11 PM »
hello Rcd_WB

First you need the silicone grease that has the right thickness. If it's too fluid then it won't have enough dampening effect, but if it's too thick, then keys will become sticky.

Bogdan

I had my SX900 greased 3 years ago by an authorized Yamaha dealer using official Yamaha made grease, and have had no problems. The dealer said, the noise was "normal" but he applied Yamaha grease anyway. He stated most keyboards make some key "noise" with no sound to the keys, unless you have a super light touch. I happen to agree.

Oh and back on to the topic of a "New PSR SX series,
My guess, sometime early 2025,  (Maybe Winter or Spring NAMM debut)? and it's going to be an SX950 with some tweaks to the SX900, and hopefully a 76 key model choice.
Or, less likely, a completely new MOTL keyboard called SX1000
We shall see.

Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline Rcd_WB

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2024, 04:03:59 PM »
Thank you BogdanH for that feedback. Very helpful information. I had contacted Yamaha to see if I could purchase some of their grease, they just responded this morning with "We do not support customers undertaking their own repairs". I'm guessing that a grease with a solvent base would NOT be appropriate. I will open up the keyboard and get a sense of the viscosity that is appropriate.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 04:05:44 PM by Rcd_WB »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2024, 05:12:03 PM »
You're welcome  Rcd_WB
I'm not surprised by Yamaha response: their goal is to earn money and not really to care about customers -if they would care, they would at least sell you the grease.
About grease... definitely get silicone grease. I'm not really that knowledgeable about greases (maybe some other grease would work too), but I do know that some greases contain substances which are not good for plastic. Silicone grease is cheap and so there's no reason not to use it.

Yes, it's good idea that you open keyboard first and see by yourself to get an impression of grease thickness. Btw. officially, grease for black keys has different thickness than the one for white keys -but one can hardly tell the difference just by checking. I have used the same grease for both keys and everything was good.
Keep in mind, that greasing doesn't last forever.. after about a year (depends on how much you play), you will need to repeat the procedure. When you'll see the problem with your own eyes, you'll understand why's that. And so.. yes, my black keys are rattling again  ::)

Bogdan

Offline Rcd_WB

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2024, 12:53:14 AM »
Once again thanks BogdanH. I rummaged around in my collection of oils and greases, and found a cartridge of food safe silicon grease, NLGI grade-2. So, now armed with a sense of "I can do this", I dove into it today. I had opened the keyboard before about 1.5 years ago, but reviewed that video again (I discovered that not as many screws need to be removed to separate the keypad assembly from the chassis as was indicated in the video).

Removed a section (octave) of keys (which had the most rattle), then tested the existing grease (just with my fingers) against the grease that I had, mine was just slightly "thicker". Decided to use it. I removed the old grease (which had started to liquify is some areas) from each key guide slot with toothpicks and cotton swabs. I also noticed that the factory application of the grease was quite inconsistent, some key slots were covered and some had barely any. I re-greased each slot carefully, then moved on to other octaves. When done, reassembled the entire keyboard and tested it. Keys felt like they were when new, no more rattling, nice slightly dampened feel. I was happy, then.....

I found one key that had lost its "touch sensitivity" (the lowest G key), even the slightest touch sounded like I had hit the key hard. Oh NO!!    Opened it all up again, removed the affected key octave, AND the silicon rubber membrane (this has contacts that touch the circuit board, one for each key, similar to some calculators). Cleaned the circuit board and underside of the membrane with Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and cotton swab, let it thoroughly dry. Placing the membrane back into the circuit board is not easy, I had to fashion a metal probe of the right diameter to press the membrane "nubs" back into the circuit board (glad I have a shop full of tools to do this). I did some minimal reassembly to test it. The G key worked perfectly again, and all other keys were still good. Fully reassemble and test. Seems good.

One word of caution about placing screws back into plastic holes. Don't use a power screw driver, use a hand screwdriver. First "set" the screw into the plastic threads by turning the screw backwards (CCW) until you feel (and/or hear) the screw drop into the threads, then tighten slowly. If there is resistance, then back it out again and retry the same procedure. Finish tightening until just snug and no more, because it easy to strip the threads in the plastic hole.

Offline pjd

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2024, 06:02:59 PM »
Thanks for the very nice repair report.

I went back to the original Yamaha Service News item (August 2020). Yamaha identify the grease as YKS-14A (part number VAG94800). I checked Yamaha 24x7 in the USA and there is indeed VAG94800 for sale -- about $10 USD.

The Service News item recommends greasing only the black keys, BTW.

I compared the picture of the SX key design versus the Genos FSX design. The SX keys are molded in groups while the FSX keys are individual. The SX keys depend upon the plastic flex for return while the FSX keys are individually sprung with a metal leaf.

Hope this info helps -- pj

The following users thanked this post: BogdanH

Offline Toril S

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2024, 11:00:40 PM »
My PSR-975 has always been a little noisy, but has not gotten any worse. But I wished for box shaped keys, the gap in the front is a problem for me because I have to lean over the keyboard to see the screen, and dog hair on my clothes get into the keyboard! I use a dust cover, but "hairy music" occured a couple of years ago. Had to take it to service, as hair had gotten on some electronics under the keys. And no, I don't think a new XS will be out before Autumn 2025. However, there are some new E models, lighter and better than the old ones :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Online Amwilburn

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2024, 11:32:47 PM »
Genos 1 came out Oct 2017 (Dec in Canada) -> Genos 2 Nov 2023 (Dec in Canada again)
sx700/sx900 came out Sept 2019 <- PSRs970/770 Oct 2015 (s975/s775 were the same chipset as s970/770 re-released April 2018, so not actually new)
sx600 Oct 2020  <- PSRs670 Sept 2015
PSRA5000 May of 2021 <- PSRA3000 Jan 2016)

so Hans' & Toril's guestimate of (late) summer 2025 seems most likely to me for sx910/sx950/sx1000 or whatever it's called.

My s970 keys still sound great.

Mark

Offline ikmusic

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2024, 08:41:16 PM »
I'm confident the new SX will arrive this summer. Music stores no longer order SX700/900, and the largest producer of styles and midi in my country has advertised the sale of SX900 from its studio...
Obecnie Yamaha Genos. Wcześniej były:
Yamaha: Tyros 5/4/3/2 S970 S770 S750 S710 S670 PSR1500 E413 W7v2 V50
Roland: BK9 BK7m BK5 G800 E35 E70 E50 U20 Ra90 JV50 Mc500
Korg: Pa4x Pa1000 01Wfd
Ketron: SD5

Offline Jay B.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2024, 04:23:35 AM »
Sweetwater.com is stating that the PSR-SX900 is no longer available...

Online DrakeM

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2024, 01:21:46 PM »
Sweetwater.com is stating that the PSR-SX900 is no longer available...

And Sweetwater only has 7  PSRSX700 keyboards left to sell.

musiciansfriend.com also states the SX900 is not available.

Kraftmusic.com states they only have 1 left in stock for sale.

I am even more convinced they would release the new PSR this summer ... I got the cash in hand  ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 01:33:33 PM by DrakeM »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2024, 01:53:26 PM »
... I got the cash in hand  ;D
;D ;D

I expect SX700/900 successor to come closer to the end of the year (current SX was released in November, I think) -btw. Thomann has all Yamaha arrangers on stock.
For me the question is not WHEN... the question is IF successor will be convincing enough. Let's wait and see  :)

Bogdan

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2024, 04:49:17 PM »
Count me in that “wait and see” group.  The Genos 2 has been tempting.  However, like some others, I prefer the ease and portability of 61-notes and the built-in speakers.  Plus, if a new SX is anywhere close to the G2, that’s good enough for me.

Offline pjd

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2024, 07:09:38 PM »
Going out on a limb...

I predict a PSR-SX720 and PSR-SX920 sometime in the next several months.

Don't bet any money on that -- pj    :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 07:10:55 PM by pjd »

Online Amwilburn

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2024, 06:31:35 PM »
And Sweetwater only has 7  PSRSX700 keyboards left to sell.

musiciansfriend.com also states the SX900 is not available.

Kraftmusic.com states they only have 1 left in stock for sale.

I am even more convinced they would release the new PSR this summer ... I got the cash in hand  ;D

I *just* checked Sweetwater, it says sx900 "No longer available". Not "out of stock", no longer available. So I guess it *will be* sooner rather than later!
Finally a chance to get a G1 chip (minus all the S.Art 2 sounds)... likely with G2 drums?

For me the biggest draws of the G2 are the new pianos, DX7 chip, drums, reverb, & basses, and the sx900 successor is likely to have at least the drums from the G2 (possibly the reverb)... which frankly might be enough.

Mark

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2024, 06:58:59 PM »
When Yamaha brings out a new keyboard, or, arranger in this case, which country gets the news first; or, is it announced world-wide at the same time via internet?  Just wonderin’ how it’s been done in the past.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2024, 07:02:51 PM »
..it says sx900 "No longer available". Not "out of stock", no longer available.
That makes a big difference -need to check my bank account  :)
No, voices and effects is not enough... better keybed as well, please  ;D

Bogdan

Online Amwilburn

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2024, 07:03:59 PM »
Oh, you're right. A Keybed without the grease issue would be good, yes!

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2024, 07:56:30 PM »
If this is true, I am a little surprised that Yamaha would actually launch new SX keyboards this year. I would like to see a 76 key version, more expansion memory, and a CFX piano at least like Genos1 has.

FYI, the below past thread had some interesting comments about what would need to be upgraded in order for my wishlist to happen. Things such as expanded internal wave memory and possibly a second tone generator chip. I’m not expecting much. They’ll add some new styles & voices and use the same exact chassis with an SX+ logo painted on it is my guess.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,68522.msg519919.html#msg519919

Rich
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 10:59:35 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, DGX-640, E373

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2024, 11:25:43 PM »
This definitely is a sign that the new sx keyboards 🎹 are coming. Seeing the current one no longer available as some of you mentioned: Also usually the price of the current ones should be marked down too I noticed that retailers do that when a product gets discontinued and prepare for the new models. So I assume it won’t be much longer. We will be surprised 😁✌️: It’s possible sometime between now and Christmas I guess: 😎

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2024, 12:09:51 AM »
Hi , what on earth is going on nowadays with rattling keys. I’ve had literally dozens of keyboards , piano’s , synths , over the last 40 years or so , I can’t ever remember having a keyboard that had rattling keys, including a 20 year old clp Clavinova. That is until recently when my pride and joy my PA5x picked up a dreadful vibration o the c5 key.
 ( was driving me nuts till I came up wth a quick fix  for that one key) One day if more goes wrong I’ll get if fixed.

Fortunately my sx900 doesn’t rattle, that probably is more to do with the fact I don’t use the keys, I use a Roland FP10 piano as a controller.

Piano group I belong too, complain about the Clavinova 745 being noisy and one guy was told noisy keys are to be expected?  The rattle on his key is driving him nuts too. Still under warranty, but being told a certain amount of noise is to be expected, well that is fine, but in his case as in mine, it’s a specific key.

Had actually been thinking (wishful thinking😁) about  upgrading my FP10 to a Clavinova one day, ( my old one had been so reliable) but starting to think , safer to stay with my cheap  little FP10 piano , which currently is working fine.

Is the problem quality control or has it always been a problem?
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2024, 06:27:18 AM »
Hi , what on earth is going on nowadays with rattling keys..
Is the problem quality control or has it always been a problem?
No, I don't think so. It's just bad (cheapest) engineering solution. When they assembled first SX keybed, they knew that keys rattle and that's why grease is used since day one.

Bogdan

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2024, 07:16:30 AM »
Quote from Rikkisbears..  Still under warranty, but being told a certain amount of noise is to be expected,

I find that absolutely unacceptable. It's just a cop out by manufacturers to dodge their liability.
Unfortunately, mass production of keyboards and many other products in countries where labour is cheap and quality is average has become the norm, and so We the paying customers are expected to just suck it up!

Tyros never had this key rattle issue to my knowledge. I certainly never had it on my T1 or T4. Yamaha need to 'dump these rubbishy plastic cases' on these TOTL keyboards and go back to more robust cases.

Keith
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 07:19:11 AM by Divemaster »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2024, 02:22:25 PM »
The Tyros keyboards were all flagships.  The lesser little brothers S series will never have a lot of the newer things on them because you are not paying the same price for them.
Eileen
font]

Offline KurtAgain

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2024, 03:07:49 PM »
Compared to many other musical instruments from renowned manufacturers, arranger keyboards below the Genos class are actually quite cheap. Unfortunately, this means that you will have to make compromises, for example in the mechanical construction.

Kurt

Online DrakeM

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2024, 03:55:44 PM »
My S950 keys don't rattle and it is 11 years old.

Or maybe I just have the speakers up loud enough no one (including Me) can hear them. Even if the keys do rattle, just use your headphone in case you can't turn your speakers up. The problem is solved with either method.  8)

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2024, 05:06:26 PM »
...arranger keyboards below the Genos class are actually quite cheap. Unfortunately, this means that you will have to make compromises, for example in the mechanical construction.
I disagree with such way of thinking, because:

My S950 keys don't rattle and it is 11 years old. ...
-11 years ago it was possible to make non-rattling keys, but now it cannot be done anymore for the same price? Not to mention that keys on some 400€ Casio don't rattle.

I stand to my claim: This has nothing to do with price -it is simply a bad Yamaha engineering.

Bogdan

Offline KurtAgain

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2024, 06:51:05 PM »
Bogdan,

I find the comparison with Drake's S950 difficult. Maybe he perceives the key sounds differently.

Actually, we should both visit Drake and ask him if we can play on his S950. ;-)

But your Casio argument has something to it, of course.

Kurt

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2024, 07:11:01 PM »
...Maybe he perceives the key sounds differently.
-yes, is quite possible.

Actually, we should both visit Drake and ask him if we can play on his S950. ;-)
;D ;D ;D

Bogdan

Online DrakeM

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2024, 09:01:44 PM »
You can visit me anytime or my YouTube page where I have over 300+ videos and 200+ of them are of me playing the dang S950 live.  ;D

Offline jtrue

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2024, 01:15:21 AM »
Is there some big trade show coming up where Yamaha might introduce new models?

j.
It don't mean a thing...

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2024, 02:12:55 AM »
I disagree with such way of thinking, because:
-11 years ago it was possible to make non-rattling keys, but now it cannot be done anymore for the same price? Not to mention that keys on some 400€ Casio don't rattle.

I stand to my claim: This has nothing to do with price -it is simply a bad Yamaha engineering.

Bogdan

And KORG, by the looks of things.

Pretty bizzare when my $10k Aud. PA5x has more rattles than my $800 Roland fp10 piano. ( both are retail price , not what I paid).
Has really put me off buying a Clavinova. Ok if one lives in a city and a technician can come out and fix things, but, if you live in a rural area, and have pack stuff up and ship it for repairs, a bulky piano is not ideal. Bad enough maybe having to ship my PA5x one day.
Never had a problem with any of my Yamaha stuff over the last 40 years except for a floppy drive breaking down in a 20 year old Clavinova. Even my old Yamaha ms20s monitors still work perfectly about 30+ years old.
Don’t think we get that sort of quality nowadays.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2024, 09:32:27 PM »
Surely, Yamaha won’t introduce anything too revolutionary on an SX upgrade, or the Genos 2 group will want it, too.  On the other hand, what if something really new is introduced in the SX series to see how it will fly?  More or less a test to see if the Yamaha faithful will accept and adapt to such in future arrangers?

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2024, 10:33:14 PM »
Surely, Yamaha won’t introduce anything too revolutionary on an SX upgrade, or the Genos 2 group will want it, too.  On the other hand, what if something really new is introduced in the SX series to see how it will fly?  More or less a test to see if the Yamaha faithful will accept and adapt to such in future arrangers?

Tend to think that has been the case. Use the PSR series as a test dummy for the top of the line keyboards.

Hopefully they do come up with something a bit more revolutionary for the sx series, or what’s the point in bringing out a replacement . A few extra styles or some additional sounds , may make some owners think, what’s the point of upgrading.

Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline hans1966

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2024, 07:39:48 PM »
As I have said in other threads.

My main wishes for the next SX-XXX series are:
1. more song editing tools like: piano roll, quantize while recording, quantize specific bars (NOT the entire song)
Time Track, Master Track to record all song related settings (Reverb, Pan, Volume and Time)

2. Direct sampling capability from the keyboard
and finally

3. after touch, and smooth transition (SSS) for changes between one and/or several voices.

That's all for now

greetings

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"