Tyros 4 has a bunch of styles and voice file on HD1 and in User

Started by ChrisH, July 10, 2024, 08:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisH

Hi Guys

I found a perfect condition Tyros 4 and have been looking thru the keyboard and notice that there are a whole bunch of styles in the user section as well as on the Hard Disk ... seems to also have some basic voices as well. When the keyboard leaves the factory is the user section and HD1 always empty? Just need to know what I can delete that doesn't suit me .. For interest why would some styles in in user and then more on HD1 any ideas??

Chris
Currently : Tyros 4 Keyboard    Previous Keyboards : SX900, S650, E-373 and S550

DrakeM

Maybe the previous owner never used a USB stick to store his extra/reworked styles. He may have always just saved them to his HD.

I store all my customized and add on styles on a USB stick and then back that up on my PC. I never want to lose those files.

I believe (but not sure) if you ever had to do a HARD RESET to your keyboard those styles on the HD and user area would to cleared out. 

EileenL

The Hard drive would not be cleared but the user might.
Hi Chris I used to use my user section as a work bench and would rework styles and then when happy with them would save them in a folder on the hard drive.
Eileen
font]

ikmusic

Everything you don't like can be removed from Tyros 4.
Don't be afraid. You are unable to remove factory content. It's not Ketron or Korg.
Obecnie Yamaha Genos. Wcześniej były:
Yamaha: Tyros 5/4/3/2 S970 S770 S750 S710 S670 PSR1500 E413 W7v2 V50
Roland: BK9 BK7m BK5 G800 E35 E70 E50 U20 Ra90 JV50 Mc500
Korg: Pa4x Pa1000 01Wfd
Ketron: SD5

ChrisH

Thanks Guys

I was just making sure that Yamaha didn't have any critical setup files on HD1 ..I need to go thru the styles and voices in User especially as a couple are quite usable but most are not. I'll do the same on HD1  There must be a fair amount of stuff on the hard drive as it shows free space as 232GB ..so there is a bunch of stuff in there. I'll clear out the User section as this keyboard hasn't got an expansion module so user space is limited ..I use USB's mainly so my stuff is backed up on the computer drive too.

Much appreciated

Chris
Currently : Tyros 4 Keyboard    Previous Keyboards : SX900, S650, E-373 and S550

ChrisH

Thanks again people

I cleared out everything on the user sections and then took out obviously personal songs/modified styles from HD1 .. The last section has a LOT of Yamaha styles that were not in the presets  and all were Tyros "assigned" as Session/Pro etc etc .. the keyboard has on average 7 pages per categorized section and on HD1 there are 46 pages of styles  ... Would they have been imported from another tyros as some are the same but a LOT are not in presets so I decided to keep them ... Could they have been an extension package I wonder ... anyway they are there if I need them and there seem to be a LOT of 60/70/80/90 styles and the names start with 60/70/80/90 ..Any ideas where they might have come from???

Chris

NativeAngels

I would keep the styles also you can always back them up to a pc / laptop by using a usb cable.
I would be interested in trying the styles out.

ChrisH

Hi Native Angels

That's exactly what I have been doing and they all are good ...all 46 pages of them ...what I maybe suspect that the owner might have had a T2 or T3 and backed up the styles there. Some are duplicated in the T4 presets  but not a huge amount. They are also named as if they came from another keyboard. There were a whole lot of poorly created styles in another set of folders which I deleted but these seem to be genuine and work very well.  Due to the tiny size of style files I might also just back these ones up on a drive but it's probably quicker to call them up from HD1 rather than a USB. 

Thanks again

Chris

NativeAngels

Its pretty much pot luck but you might find some usable ones.