Author Topic: Super Pack Styles & Voices  (Read 5141 times)

Mike2

Super Pack Styles & Voices
« on: November 17, 2019, 01:45:35 PM »
I was under the impression that the New FREE Super Pack had new styles. Every style I played from the super pack was already part of the Genos preset styles. Nothing new. Some new voices, and that's it. No wonder it was free!  It's all set up in registrations. When you play along with a registration just click on the style on the home page, and you will see it's part of the Genos preset.

Offline Toril S

Re: Super Pack Styles & Voices
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:48:15 PM »
Is that true?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 04:27:28 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline terryB

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 02:00:15 PM »
Not true  ::) There are 50 new styles. Maybe in the registrations included in the pack they have used existing styles, but select styles and in Expansion you will see the new styles  ;)
Cheers
Terry

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »
More fake news.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 02:07:29 PM »
Mike,
The styles used in the Registrations link to the Presets.
But have you looked for styles directly in the Superior Pack folder  within the Expansion folder?
Those styles do not have Genos Preset names although not having explored them in much detail I can't vouch for how differently they sound from existing ones. I feel there are some useful ones in there worth spending extra time on, (and I don't normally feel that way about Yamaha's efforts outside of the keyboard presets) .
Plenty of EDM and Schlager/ Alpen if you like it  ;)

John
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 02:20:13 PM by jwyvern »

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 02:23:45 PM »
Hello all

The new sounds and the new styles are welcome. But globally there is no "Waoow" effect for me ....

Francesco Massa's styles and sounds, and CMS free sounds are better to far better than superior pack content (except SA2 sounds that I already had purchased with my Tyros 3 and 4).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 02:26:19 PM by soundphase »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »
Good to know that the styles are new!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 03:37:27 PM »
Yes the styles are all new and have some very good OTS settings on them to, which is nice.
   I don't know what some people get from spreading false news. I think they either do not have the keyboard or do not know how to use it.
Eileen
font]

Offline Dnj

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »
Eileen totally agree with you,... I am really enjoying the Superior expansion pack styles & sounds.
I Like that you can save out of the pack to user for OTS customization too on Genos.

stephenm52

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 04:01:31 PM »
Yes the styles are all new and have some very good OTS settings on them to, which is nice.
   I don't know what some people get from spreading false news. I think they either do not have the keyboard or do not know how to use it.

Plus 1 :)

Offline voodoo

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 04:18:29 PM »
Have you tried the new Playlist form the download page that gives 50 new songs using the new styles.
I think this is very great. I love it.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Bill

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 05:16:46 PM »
I was under the impression that the New FREE Super Pack had new styles. Every style I played from the super pack was already part of the Genos preset styles. Nothing new. Some new voices, and that's it. No wonder it was free!  It's all set up in registrations. When you play along with a registration just click on the style on the home page, and you will see it's part of the Genos preset.

Hi Mike

With the greatest respect you are getting a little confused,  the Sup. Pack only has 5 Registrations (these DO only link to Preset Styles).
These registrations are only to demonstrate the Trombone, Trumpets and Female Voices.
 However to get the full benefit, you need to load the Registrations from the Playlist Download, ALL of these load the NEW Styles not the Preset Ones.

Regards

Bill
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 05:19:12 PM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Mike2

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »
Thanks Bill; It's finally working, or maybe it's me finally understanding. I had a bad head cold, hope it didn't do any permanent harm.. ;)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »
Certainly not Mike! We all struggled with this update and pack!
Toril S

and PSR-47.