News:

PSR Tutorial Home
- Lessons, Songs, Styles & More

Main Menu

Tyros 4 voice sound?

Started by Disposable, June 23, 2024, 04:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disposable

I own a Tyros 2 and just bought a Tyros 4, and I noticed a difference in sound volume with the voices? The styles are great.
On my T2 the sound of the voices are a match for the styles - Setting the master volume control increases the voice sound output amply so no problem. But the T4 sound volume even at maximum is ample  for the styles but  is much lower on playing voices than the T2 even with heavy hammer action?
Am I missing a setting somewhere that balance's the sound output, or is there a fault or is this normal?  Everything else on the T4 works perfectly. :-\
Tyros 2, Tyros 4, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

I play the music, but the Cat plays the strings.

ChrisH

Hi

I wonder if you are maybe experiencing the fact that the Tyros 2 had an analogue compressor??? Watch this review between the 2 and 3 and see what he says about the difference  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08c3Jj6fPr0&t=1093s    You only need to watch the video from 17 :00 minutes onwards

One assumes that you have already adjusted the style/voice balance ? (Page 52 in the Owners Manual)

Chris
Currently : Tyros 4 Keyboard    Previous Keyboards : SX900, S650, E-373 and S550

andyg

Balance: All the 'sliders' set to 100 looks pretty but is pretty useless! Style, around 80. R1, about 110, R2, 100 and R3, between 90 and 110 depending on how you want to use it. M.Pad, again depends on how you use it, but try 110.

Initial Touch, set to Soft 1 or Soft 2 unless you're a piano player who hits the keys hard.

EQ and Compression. Set these to defaults before you start fiddling!

Set all this into a basic registration, save it in Memory 1 and then save the bank as something like 'AA Startup'. Use that as a starting point for all future registrations.

As the T4 is obviously a used item, it might be worth doing a full reset before carrying out the above steps. A dealer will probably have already done this, a private seller maybe not.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Disposable

I will try both your suggestions, the balance is obviously not right, a basic registration is a really good idea, so thank you both for your help!
Tyros 2, Tyros 4, Nektar Impact LX25+, Orion Platinum, Samplitude Music Studio, Various VST instruments, Reaper, Goldwave and good old XG Works

ChrisH

No issue!
I have just bought a Tyros 4 so if you have no success hang in there and I'll try it on mine when it arrives (it's shipping from our East Coast so I won't see it for a couple of weeks) I assume you have already downloaded and read the owners manual and the reference manual .. they can often help but if it was me I would take AndyG's advice and do a full reset since it's someone elses keyboard and they could quite easily have put weird settings into it!!  Just a further question ? Do you have the Yamaha speaker kit on yours or are you feeding the output thru an amp ...if so check your line out settings too!

Keep us posted

Chris
Currently : Tyros 4 Keyboard    Previous Keyboards : SX900, S650, E-373 and S550

Disposable

It was factory reset on purchase. I will follow AndyG's advice regarding the sliders! I have the full owners manual (book version) and the Yamaha speaker system.

Disposable

The problem was caused by a slightly wonky speaker plug input, cleaning and fiddling with it fixed the problem, the sound volume is now normal.
Sorry for the fuss, all is OK now! :)