Music Lessons on the Internet
While we provide a few musical tips here and there, the PSR Tutorial site does not attempt to teach basic music theory and keyboard techniques. But there are lots of other places on the internet where you can find free music lessons. You will also find commercial sites where you can purchase lessons. You may find just what you need in the links below. This is not an exhaustive list, but it does point to a number of very good training sites. Sites are listed alphabetically.
- Free sheet music, free music lessons, popular, classical, jazz and traditional sheet music pieces and riffs, free music resources.
Bob Keller's Jazz Page
- Bob provides pointers to quite a few lessons and much, much more. Here's a look at his Table of Contents: Academic Articles; Books, Charts, and Music off the Web; Calculators; California Music Stores; Chords and Scales; Critics and Journalists; Discs and Products; Discussion Groups; Explanations of Jazz; Instruction off the Web; Instruction on the Web; Instruments; Links; Miscellaneous; Musicians and Composers; Music on the Web; Music Software; Organizations; Periodicals; Radio Stations; Theory; Trumpet Stuff; Tunes; Venues; Workshops; Harvey Mudd College Music 84 Syllabus.
Danman's Music School
- Online since 1994, this Library offers over 7,600 pre-recorded video music lessons, 15,000 pieces of printable sheet music, songs, and lesson notes. For absolute beginners and people who need help with what direction to proceed, Danman's Music Academy Online is included with your Library subscription.
Free Online Piano Lessons
- Piano Lessons at the beginner's level are hands-on, self-paced, interactive, and totally Free! Piano lessons are for both the beginning piano student and the student who wants to review their skills.
Gary Ewer's Easy Music Theory on CD-ROM
- This course comes complete with video instruction. Lessons, worksheets, quizzes, answer sheets, videos -- everything you need to go step-by-step from beginner level to performance level. All lessons packed on a powerful two CD-ROM set that dramatically slashes the time it takes to learn music.
- David Seagal provides a course that introduces beginning keyboard students to the fundamentals of professional improv piano. The course includes 30 lessons with 4 hours of video and a 60-page booklet that includes 300 picture chords. A monthly newsletter also offers pro piano tips and techniques.
Learn Jazz Piano
- The jazz piano material provided here will help you learn about jazz chords, scales, blues licks, and other tricks of the trade that professional jazz piano players use all the time.
Learn Piano Online
- Piano lessons have never been easier! You can successfully teach yourself how to play the piano! These lessons are incremental, extremely easy to understand and designed for the inexperienced beginner. Additional support resources are available for a fee.
Music Goals by Eye & Ear
- You can build skills to read, play, hear, and understand music one step at a time. Here is a practice partner that will lead you to great musicianship. With Music Goals you learn to understand music theory by ear, by eye, and on your instrument. Become a complete musician by mastering music fundamentals the Music Goals way.
Piano Music by Paul Tobey
- Piano Music Performed by Concert Pianist and Entertainer Paul Tobey. Although Paul does not provide direct Piano lessons, he is the co-founder and lead trainer for the "Success Tracs For Artists Training Program," which deals with the whole artist; emotional, mental, creative and then gives concrete information on "how to" market art.
Piano On the Net
. - PianoNanny.com has acquired Piano on the Net. This excellent educational site is a free public service brought to you by PianoNanny.com and The Nanny Group. We hope you find it useful. Your instructor for the course is film composer and jazz musician, Clinton Clark. Lessons takes about 35 minutes to complete. However, you may work slowly and at your own pace.
Play Piano Now.
- Piano instructions for the beginner, someone that knows zero about reading music notation and playing the piano or keyboard. Also ideal for the person that has had traditional piano lessons, but would like to be able to play popular music by ear and know how to play using 'piano chords'.
Play Piano Today
- Are you looking for piano lessons that will teach you how to play the Piano or Keyboard BY EAR? It's possible! In fact, with these online piano lessons, you can begin today. This site offers a variety of courses: Pattern Piano and Keyboard
, Blues for Piano and Keyboard
, Phat Chord Voicings
, Piano and Keyboard Salsa
, Worship and Gospel for Piano & Keyboards
, Ear Training 101
, Chord and Scale Finder
, Intro, Fillers and Turnarounds
, and Modulation Tips and Tricks
. Initial parts of most courses are available online via short videos.
Rick Adams' MusicTheory.Net
. - Nearly three dozen interactive online lessons on Music Theory plus a wide range of "trainers" to improve your keyboard and listening skills.
. - Piano, Keyboard & Organ Lessons By Phone Or Web cam Using Skype. Scott provides music lessons by phone or web cam, which makes his coaching services available worldwide. Scott plays most instruments, but has concentrated on performing on the trumpet, saxophone, organ, keyboard, and drums. He has performed in a wide variety of bands playing styles of music including swing, jazz, rock, polkas and big band music.
This page updated on September 5, 2015 .