I'm afraid I don't record many songs and so have not spent much time trying to "tune" a midi file. But, thanks to the generosity of several PSR owners, we do have a number of excellent lessons on how you can use the SONG CREATOR and the MIXING CONSOLE to adjust your songs.
- Song Volume - Chris Bell and Will Stewart have combined to provide step-by-step instructions on how to adjust the volume of instruments in a particular midi file. By the way, if you'd like to hear Chris and Will play for you, visit our PSR Performers section where you can find a page for Chris Bell and one for Will Stewart. Both are excellent players.
- Adjusting Voices - Thanks to Phil Hall for these instructions on how to change the instrument voices used in a midi file. You can also hear Phil play by visiting Phil's page in the PSR Performer section.
- Adjusting Tempo - Once again, Phil comes to the rescue by showing you how to actually change the tempo right in the middle of a song.
- Song Editing - Phil continues his series of lessons on song editing with a "letter" explaining how to reset the modulation wheel as well as how to adjust many other parameters including adding some reverb to your voices -- after the songs is recorded.
- Advanced Editing - Thanks again to Phil for this explanation of how to change the volume of a single track in the middle of a song.
- Adding Lyrics - You may very well want to add lyrics to your song. They don't, of course, automatically appear when you record the song -- you have to type in the lyrics, phrase by phrase. You can do this on the PSR-2000 and this lesson explains how. You will also find an explanation of the BAR/BEAT/CLOCK timing data used by the PSR in many of the song and style editing screens.
- Transposing a MIDI - Frank Blecha gives step by step instructions on how to transpose a midi file on the PSR-3000.
Visits since 1/1/13.