Each of the major sections in the PSR Tutorial has a number of pages, sometimes including sub-sections with many pages. With over 460 pages on the site so far, it can be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for. Hopefully, this site directory will help guide you to what is available in the PSR Tutorial. Click on any of the major section titles in the banners below for a directory listing all the pages in that section. Click on any page link to go directly to that page. You can also try a google search of the PSR Tutorial site by visiting our Site Search Page.
The Lessons section is currently being reformatted and, in many cases, rewritten. Revised pages are added as soon as they become available.
- PSR Tutorial Lessons Home Page
- Start Here Introduction
- Demo Videos
- Playing Introduction
- Yamaha Files
- Yamaha File System
- File Operations
- Naming Files
- Viewing Files
- Creating Folders
- Copying Files
- Changing OTS
- Copying Multipads
- Download Files
- File Compression
- Music Finder
- Understanding Registrations (Joe Waters)
- Creating Registrations (Gary Diamond)
- Pedal and Mic Registrations (Gary Diamond)
- Saving Registrations (David Lindsay)
- Richard's Registrations (Joe Waters)
- Song Titles in Registrations (Leo Dunne)
- Building Registrations on the 3K, Part I (Frank Blecha)
- Building Registrations on the 3K, Part II (Frank Blecha)
- One Song Per Registration (Eddie Shoemaker)
- Style Category Registrations (Joe Waters)
- Favorite Voice Registrations (Joe Waters)
- Recording Songs
- Tuning Your Songs and Styles (Joe Waters)
- Adjusting Yamaha Styles (Joe Waters)
- Adjusting Your EQ (Gary Diamond)
- Balancing the Major Sound Components (Joe Waters)
- Changing Accompainment Voices As You Play (Dick Roberts)
- Mastering the Mixing Console (Joe Waters)
- Saving "Tuned" Styles (Joe Waters)
- Fine Tuning Volume Adjustments (Joe Waters)
- Creating One Touch Settings (Joe Waters)
- Using OTS Preset Voices (Joe Waters)
- Adjusting Voices with DSP (Phil Hall)
- Creating New Styles (Joe Waters)
- Adjusting Songs (Joe Waters)
- Vocal Harmony (Joe Waters)
- Adjusting Yamaha Styles (Joe Waters)
- Michael Bedesem's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Songs Home Page
- Yamaha XG Midi Library (437 midi files)
- MP3 Files - Alphabetical Index
PSR Performer Pages
* 38 PSR Performer pages archived.
Midi Files - Alphabetical Index
- Gig Disks for PSR & Tyros
- Gary Diamond
- Warren Peters
- Scott Langholff
- Bogdan Hocevar
- Dennis Hooker
- Steve Molnar
- Larry Warner
- Hammer (Karle Peters)
- Tom's Gig Disk Library
- Manse Stringer
- Freddie Maynell
- Chuck Hunt
- Style Collections Introduction
- Bart Kuijer's Rhythm Styles
- Brian Miles' Conversions
- Charley's Style Gems
- Chris Easdown's Collection
- Eileen Lowry's Conversions
- Harry's Style Collection
- Henni's Style Collection
- Jeff's Style Collection
- John Vernon's Collection
- Onacimus Sayaham's Style Conversions
- Patrick Hannequin's Styles
- Christmas Styles
- Other Collections
- Styles from Other Keyboards - Introduction
- Technics Style Conversions
- Roland Style Conversions
- Ketron Style Conversions
- Korg Style Conversions
- Mixed Style Conversions
- Other Files for PSR & Tyros - Introduction
- Music Finder Databases
- Multipad Files - Introduction
- Registration Files - Introduction
- Voice Files - Introduction
- Books by Name - Alphabetical Listing
- Easy Fake Books - by Type
- Easy Fake Books - by Decade
- Musical "Standards"
- Jazz Fake Books
- Broadway, Movies, TV
- Rock & Roll Fake Books
- Pop/Rock / R&B Fake Books
- Country Fake Books
- International Favorites
- Christmas Fake Books
- Christian & Jewish Fake Books
- Chord Changes
- Fake Book How To ...
- Fake Book Song Index
- Book List
- Individual Pages:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J-K | L |
M | N | O | P-Q | R | S | T | U-V | W | XYZ
- Top 40 Songs
- Top Singles (1955-59, 1960-69, 1970-79, 1980-89, 1990-95)
- Songs Of The Century (1890-1920, 1920's, 1930's, 1940's, 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's)
- Top Country (1-99)
- Top Waltzes
- Top Christmas
- Advise for Aspiring Performers
- What To Do About Early Arrivers?
- Right Hand Play
- What Is Jazz?
- Drinking on the Job ... OK or Not?
- Anyone Bring their Wife / Girlfriend to Gigs?
- What About Those People Who Want to Talk While You're Playing?
- What Are Your Top 10 Waltzes?
- Music Light, Has Anyone Tried One of These?
- How Do You Manage the Split Point?
- How Do You Memorize Songs and/or Play by Ear (on the Fly)?
- What Is the Preferred Playing Style: Lead Sheets with Chords, Sheet Music, or Strictly By Ear?
- "Open Mic"??? - Not If I Can Help It!
- Footswitch Pedal: Unlatched vs Latched
- Do You Use Your Transpose Button?
- When Performing, How Many Styles Are Really Needed?
- Are There Any Jobs That Are Money Makers?
- What's a "Gig"?
- If Musicians Use Modern Technology, Are They Faking the Performance?
- Utilizing Drum Fills and Variation Changes in Live Performance
- Take the Time to Analyze Your Audience!
- How Much to Charge for Gigs, Prospecting, Negotiating?
- How Long to Play and How Long to Rest?
- How Do You Stand and Handle Multiple Foot Pedals?
- Music Tips and Other Articles
- Deane's Visit to the YPKO 2011 Event.
- Yamaha CP33 Stage Piano, review by Mike Feechan
- Hammer's Visit to the YPKO 2009 Blackpool Event, by Deane Peters
- Ideas for Marketing Yourself, by Gary Diamond
- NAMM 2009, by Scott Yee
- How to Use NRPN in Your Sequencer, by William Grosse
- Batch Conversions with MidiPlayer, by Dennis Hooker
- The Engine Room, by Dave Edwards
- How to Add Lyrics with PSRUTIs, by Larry hawk
- Creating Large Arrangements without Using Styles, by Chris Bell
- Organizing Your Styles, by Scott Langholff
- Keeping Accurate Time, by Richard Peck
- Counting Out Loud, by Joe Waters
- Combining Voices on the PSR, by Richard Peck
- Projects for Keyboard Owners
- PSR-3k Contact Strip Replacement, by Alan Davis Jr.
- POZ P II Logitech Conversion, by H. Posey
- POZ P1 Speaker System, by H. Posey
- Installing the Z-5500 on My PSR-3000, by Warren Peters
- Installing Optional Memory in Your Tyros2, by Bill Grosse
- Installing a Hard Drive in Your Tyros2, by Bill Grosse
- Inexpensive Laptop Platform, by Gary Diamond
- Easy to Construct Mixer Rack, by Gary Diamond
- Travlin' Easy with the Z-5500, by Gary Diamond
- Build an $8.99 Speaker Stand, by Gary Diamond
- PSR Keyboard Stand, by Bob Durham
- Replacing Your Floppy Drive, by William Grosse
- Industrial Strength Music Rack, by Phil Hall
- Table of Contents
- Introduction to "The Secrets of Exciting Chords and Chord Progressions"
- Week 1 - Chords I Need to Know
- Week 2 - Flying Over Chordland
- Week 3 - All the Major Chords
- Week 4 - All the Minor Chords
- Week 5 - Chord Inversions
- Week 6 - Diminished Triads
- Week 7 - Augmented Triads
- Week 8 - All the Major 6th Chords
- Week 9 - All the Minor 6th Chords
- Week 10 - All the 7th Chords
- Week 11 - All the Minor 7th Chords
- Week 12 - All the Major 7th Chords
- Week 13 - The 3 Diminished 7th Chords
- Week 14 - All the 9th Chords
- Week 15 - All the 11th Chords
- Week 16 - All the 13th Chords
- Week 17 - Suspended Chords
- Week 18 - Altered Chords
- Week 19 - Slash Chords
- Week 20 - The Circle of Keys
- Week 21 - The Circle of Minor Keys
- Week 22 - Finding the Key with Flats in Key Signature
- Week 23 - Finding the Key with Sharps in Key Signature
- Week 24 - The "Oh, Duh!" Chord Progression
- Week 25 - Musical Form
- Week 26 - The "Creep" Chord Progression
- Week 27 - The II - V7 - I Chord Progression
- Week 28 - The VI - II - V7 - I Chord Progression
- Week 29 - The Blue Moon Chord Progression
- Week 30 - Embedded CHord Subs in Blue Moon
- Week 31 - The 12-Bar Blues Chord Progression
- Week 32 - Embedded Chord Subs in 12-Bar Blues
- Week 33 - Alternating 7th & m7th Chord Progressions
- Week 34 - Unlimited Original Chord Progression - Part 1
- Week 35 - Part 2: The "m7 Down a 4th for 7th" Chord Substitution
- Week 36 - Part 3: "Hallf-Step Slide" Chord Substitution
- Week 37 - The "Get On That Church!" Gospel Progression
- Week 38 - The "Walk On Up" Gospel Progression
- Week 39 - Graduation Day!
- Style Manager Series
PSR Tutorial Lessons Plus
- PSR and Tyros Styles - Introduction
- Styles #8 - Yamaha Styles
- Styles #7 - Song Styles
- Styles #6
- Styles #5
- Styles 2012 Library